Friday, August 22, 2014

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." ~Winston Churchill

I think I should write this quote on a few post-it's and stick them all over the place.

Real talk: My 22 month old has decided to quit napping (she has been down to only 1 nap since 11 months old).  Sure, it could be a phase. Yes, I am giving her "quiet time".  Thankfully, she is going to bed a little earlier too.  After throwing myself a pity party for the last week or so, and having the opening line be "Hi, how are you? My toddler stopped napping!"  "Hey, how's it goin? My toddler stopped napping!!!" *womp womp womp* I decided that I need to get my mind right and focus on having a better attitude about this new change. #ownit Motherhood at it's finest.

You know what they say, "expectation is the root of all heartache"  (and by "they" I mean Shakespeare).  That's a hard lesson I keep re-learning as a mom.  Heck, as a human being.  Expecting things to go as planned, or as I envisioned.  In other aspects of my life, this is something I continuously struggle with.  Expecting a certain person to be a particular way.  Expecting to be "bikini ready" the summer after I gave birth.  Expecting my daughter to take a nap after play time, swimming, and being awake since 6am.  Expectations can be tricky.  The key is to have realistic expectations.  Hope for the best, but expect the worst.  Amen to that!

I also believe the universe is telling me to slow down, I have been sick with a sinus infection since hubby got back from his trip (welcome home babe!)  So I have been resting and putting my pride aside and asking the grandparents for help.  Truly blessed to live near my parents and in-laws, they jump on any chance they get to see their grandbaby. Hopefully I will nip it in the bud ASAP! **listen to your body**

So that's what I have been up to!  Pity party is over....for now. ;) On a happy note, maybe she will wanna snuggle her dearest mama more often
Watching "Finding Nemo" for the umpteenth time ;)
 I've been working on a post about FITspiration Lifestyle Tip #6: Eating clean in moderation. My goal is to also post another recipe.  

As requested, I am also starting to post some of my favorite exercises.  These can be found on my Instagram: FITspiration_Mom and on my Facebook page.
Here is an example:
If you have questions on how to do a particular exercise, check out www.bodybuilding.com
Hope everyone is having a great day
 TGIF!
Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment