Monday, January 19, 2015

24 week bump-date & other exciting news!

I was looking forward to this week, because it's the first true comparison of my last pregnancy (as documented here).  I started blogging my pregnancy journey at this time, in a non-fitness related way. Would you believe me if I said I had already gained 25 pounds by week 24? (I've only gained 12lbs as it stands) Yup, it's the truth.  Of course, every woman and every pregnancy is different. However, the recommended weight gain for my BMI is 25-35lbs (not the 60 that I packed on!)

  I did not workout consistently, and I was not mindful of my eating (lots of pizza, takeout, icecream, fast food, did I mention icecream?) Here is a side by side comparison:
Left: July 2012/weight: 163lbs   Right: Jan 2015/weight: 140 lbs
By no means am I saying that I look "big" or perceive the left picture in a negative way.  I just recognize where I personally gain weight, and I can see it in my face, hips, and arms.  This was probably the last baby bump pic where I actually felt like a "cute preggo".

I want to bring to light the weight difference too.  There is a 23 lb difference in these pics, which is why I do NOT use the scale as a serious form of progress (I used to, as you can see in my old blog).  I didn't start weighing myself this pregnancy until I started doing weekly updates for any fellow mamas that want to know and are curious.  I'm an open book. :)

Time for some stats!

How far along: 24 weeks
Baby is the size of a: About the size of an ear of corn (just over a pound; almost 1 ft long)
Total weight gain: 12 lbs (still)
Maternity clothes?: On occasion, mostly gym clothes or tanks/leggings the next size up.
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had from my last pregnancy
Sleep: Pretty good, overall. Baby Jax likes to be active just before bed.  Still love spooning my pregnancy pillow.
Best moment this week: We found Jax's crib! Ahh, can't wait. Pictured below :P
Miss Anything? I really miss sleeping on my belly. Just feeling like my "normal self" as far as energy and appetite. A glass of wine, perhaps?
Movement: Yes, lots and lots.  I love it!
Cravings: Fresh fruit/veggies.  Ice cold water. Spinato's pizza (yum!) Starbucks hot, white chocolate mocha. Chipotle! Healthy dessert; greek yogurt, almond butter, & honey. I really want some Olive Garden breadsticks with Alfredo sauce.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope, thank goodness. Too early yet
Symptoms: Fatigue (probably because I have a non-stop toddler). Food not settling too well(if my portion is too big) Some lower back ache. Nothing too bad!
Mood: Happy, tired, and happy! Anxious to meet our little prince
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery ready, especially now that we ordered room furniture.  Also, looking forward to a few spa days when we head to Cancun in a few weeks.
Exercise: Still consistent, feeling really good.  I can truly feel a difference in my energy levels and mood. Now that I can reference my other pregnancy posts, it's good to know that my hard work is really paying off.

Mon: Shoulders Tue: Back Wed: Biceps/Triceps/Chest Thu: Legs Fri: OFF Sat: Legs & Extra Stretching Sun: OFF

I have noticed that having a consistent schedule for my workouts(Shoulders every Monday, Back every Tuesday, etc) has really helped me stick to it. I'm still trying to figure out where to incorporate Yoga, the classes at my gym don't have certain times that I want. Hehe, guess I will hafta do some at home!

...
Exciting news:

My new website is still going through revisions, but I am hoping it will launch by the end of the month. Another exciting project I worked on this week was a feature for Gilbert Daily PRSS on the importance of being an active mom, especially while pregnant.  It was my first time in front of a video camera and let's just say I was a nervous wreck.  Le sigh, gotta practice if I plan to post more on YouTube.

Oh, and speaking of YouTube.....I filmed an At Home Leg Workout and will be posting that in the next few days.  Sheesh, can you tell last week was super busy? All fun stuff though, so no complaints here!

Hope everyone is having an awesome Monday!

Lex

PS

Oh yeah, and here is the pic of baby boy's crib!
American Heritage Memphis crib in Slate

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling good. You look beautiful! And the crib....soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete