Monday, January 5, 2015

22 Week Bump Update & Happy 2015!

I hope everyone had an amazing last week of 2014! It's always a great time to reflect on the year as a whole and make new goals for the future.  I'm not really one to set New Year's resolutions, necessarily. However, I think it's always great to re-assess and/or make new goals (personal growth/health(fitness)/financial/etc) on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis. So, I guess I technically do make them! Haha

Here are some goals that I have made for myself in 2015:
1. Write in my gratitude journal every day, even if it is just a sentence.
2. Workout at least 4 days a week (with no more than 2 off days in a row)
3. Focus on my nutrition and allow 1 cheat meal per week.
4. Drink at least half of my weight in oz of water (aiming for a gallon)
5. After my new website is launched, update my blog a minimum of 2x per week.
6. Go on more family vacations, specifically 1 that is longer than the weekend.

These goals are realistic for me.  Not super easy, but also not completely unattainable.  Once I enter the 3rd trimester, I will re-evaluate and see how I am feeling and where my life is.  
Once I have my baby, I will re-evaluate again since I know I will have a recovery period from giving birth and adjusting to life with a newborn and a toddler.

Your goals should always be evolving, because you should be evolving along with them.  If you are just starting out on your weight loss journey, please learn to celebrate the small victories.  For these small wins, all add up to one BIG change.  I cannot stress this enough! If you haven't seen my post about my personal advice on attaining and keeping a healthy lifestyle, click here to read about the "7 FITspiration Lifestyle Tips" I came up.  Included is a separate blog post about setting goals!

Ok, time for the bump-date, haha get it? I really do crack myself up...hahaha

How far along: 22 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Spaghetti Squash( 11 inches and almost 1 lb!)
Total weight gain: 12 lbs (really surprised I didn't gain this week!)
Maternity clothes?: On occasion, I've mostly invested in clothes a size bigger (Target tank tops and Old Navy leggings!) And of course, gym clothes.
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had from my last pregnancy
Sleep: I missed one of my nausea doses and it threw me off, eek. Been pretty tired, but better than the Nausea Monster!
Best moment this week: Playing volleyball & badminton at family BBQ's.  That counts as a workout, right?
Miss Anything? The usual, but I'm trying to soak this up and be thankful for this miracle that I carry.
Movement: Yes, he is so low! (comparatively)
Cravings: Grilled cheese sandwich with a pickle. Fresh fruit.  Ice cold water. In'N'Out protein and animal style. Starbucks hot, white chocolate mocha. Chipotle! Peanut butter ANYTHING
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope, thank goodness. Too early yet
Symptoms: Still get small waves of nausea, Fatigue, some lower back pain is starting to bug me.
Mood: Overall: Happy! Unless I am hungry....and it turns to hangry (hungry+angry) then feed me or STEP BACK! Hehe
Looking forward to: Cancun in a month! Hubby won a sales incentive trip and I get to accompany him (no toddler)  Can't wait to relax with a virgin piña colada by the beach. 
Exercise: Not bad considering I got hit hard with nausea, and suffered the consequences of catching up (Diclegis has a sleeping aid in it, so makes me a total zombie for a few days). Listened to my body and took an extra off day.

Mon: Shoulders Tue: Back Wed: Biceps/Triceps Thu: OFF Fri: Legs! Sat: OFF Sun: OFF

Gearing up for a better week (nutrition-wise) and my OB appointment tomorrow. I plan to renew my prescription for Diclegis to keep this awful nausea at bay.

Here is my one piece of advice today: Find something that YOU like.  You'll hafta try new things.  Try a yoga class. Go for a run. Lift some weights.  Whatever makes you the most happy and makes you feel alive, stick with that!  Everyone is different, so just because your best friend or sister is an avid runner/crossfitter/yogi/whatever, doesn't mean that you have to be.

Oh, and this:

No comments:

Post a Comment