Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lemon Garlic Tilapia

You are in for a treat (if you like fish) This is one of my absolute favorite go-to recipes, it is packed with flavor and super quick/easy to make.  When hubby & I decided to get fit in 2009, I stumbled across this recipe somewhere and have been making it ever since.  

Lemon Garlic Tilapia
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
1 TB olive oil
1 TB butter
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
dash of salt
cayenne pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place tilapia inside pan.
2. Melt butter in microwave (10-15 seconds).  Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, & parsley flakes.  Saute for a few minutes and pour over tilapia. Sprinkle cayenne pepper (optional)
3.  Bake for 13 min. Broil for 2-3.
***Note, I've been using the larger tilapia fillets sold at Costco, and have been baking for 20 minutes***

...

As you can see in the pic, I usually accompany this with quinoa (with lemon juice, salt/pepper) and a veggie.  Even my daughter loves this recipe (light on the cayenne pepper)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment