Monday, May 19, 2014

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

mmm, Mmm, MMM! This is a super easy recipe and is really tasty with healthy ingredients. It's a win-win! I love to enjoy 1 (ok, sometimes 2) with my morning coffee, and both Rob & Sofie love them as well. Makes me heart happy. :D

Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Oops, I switched the name! Haha
 I originally got my recipe here.

Ingredients:
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 ripe bananas 

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (yes!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.
2. Place the oats in the food processor(I use my Vitamix) and pulse for about 10 seconds.  Add remaining ingredients.
3. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
4. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 15ish minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on wire rack, and then ENJOY!

I just saw that the blog I swiped this recipe from is now baking at 350 degrees, I will have to try that next time.  My oven bakes things a little quicker, so I tend to shave off 3-5 minutes and check the goods a few times.

This is a great "Sunday Food Prep" item, if you want something quick and on the go.  Plus, it has mini chocolate chips in it!

I love baking, and would like to make an effort to bake more often.  My sweet tooth is always looking for a fix ;)

 In addition to my bake sesh, hubby & I participated in the Tempe International Triathlon yesterday.  It's been a tradition with his side of the family for as long as we have been together(and more)  I think it's an awesome way to encourage each other to stay active and another fun way to spend time together.

Our relay team name was "Tri Anything": Rob swam(and ran for another team), my fellow fit step-mama, Amber, did the bike, and yours truly finished it up with the run. It's something we look forward to every year and every year I get really pumped and vow to do my own triathlon by myself.  One day. Hopes and dreams, people!  It's good to make both short-term and long-term goals. Does 5 years count as long-term? Hehe
Sofie cheering us on, Hubby & I before the run, and the family participants this year!
It's also a tradition to take a pic of us flexing! Good times with a great family.
 Ok, time to keep this Monday as productive as possible.  Make it a great day!
 Lex 

No comments:

Post a Comment